“Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe…”
You might be like me and just sang a little tune, learned in elementary school, to the words above. Today we are celebrating Presidents’ Day, a day set to honor all 44 of our nation’s leaders. As a history fan, I always like to look up facts about the United States and all of the Presidents.
Test your presidential knowledge below!
1. James Madison weighed under 100 pounds and was only 5’4”.
2. William Henry Harrison commissioned bottles of hard cider into shapes of log cabins as part of his campaigning.
3. Abraham Lincoln created the Secret Service hours before his assassination.
4. Rutherford B. Hayes signed an act that allowed women to plead cases before the Supreme Court, making it legal for women to practice in the court system.
5. The teddy bear got its name from Teddy Roosevelt.
6. Woodrow Wilson is the only president to have earned a Ph.D.
7. Dwight Eisenhower was a painter and produced more than 250 known pieces.
8. Gerald Ford was once a male model on the cover of Cosmopolitan.
9. Ronald Reagan is the only US President to have been divorced. He divorced actress Jane Wyman in 1948 and married Nancy Davis in 1952.
10. While captain of Yale’s baseball team, George H.W. Bush met and posed for a photo with Babe Ruth.