There are just a handful of products that every belle keeps stocked in her beauty cabinet. One of those products is vaseline. This household item has multiple uses, everything from beauty to the home.
- Use in place of shaving cream
- Gloss lips
- Keeps cuticles soft
- Tame unruly eyebrows
- Lengthen and strengthen eyelashes
- Moisturizes chapped hands
- Removes makeup
- Shrinks pores
- Distresses furniture
- Repairs scratched CDs and DVDS
- Makes perfume last longer
- Apply to inside of pumpkin after craving at Halloween to last longer
Trust me, vaseline is a can’t miss product, that you will want to always have on hand. I know I do 🙂
Been stuck in the house these past few days, due to the winter storm? If you are like me, you are probably starting to get cabin fever. An easy cure for this “disease” is to cook.
Hopefully this quick recipe for cornbread will make it to your dinner table tonight.
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 3 Tbsp. plain yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Melt butter in a skillet (cast iron is the best). Once melted, set aside for now.
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt in a bowl.
- Mix eggs and buttermilk in a separate bowl. Then, combine with dry mixture until smooth.
- Add in melted butter
- Pour batter into skillet. Bake for 30 to 33 minutes or until golden brown.
It has been a while, but tons of new things are coming to Country Belle Chic! More of that to come later 🙂 For the new year, my goal is to keep bringing you the latest country music news, different recipes, and talk about life in the South.
Let’s get started!