It’s pumpkin season! Enjoy this recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake Snickerdoodles for our recipe Wednesday!
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. freshly-ground ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugars on medium high speed until fluffy about 2-3 minutes.
- Blend in pumpkin puree, beat in egg and then add vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients on low speed just until combined. Cover and chill dough for an hour.
- To make the cream cheese filling, blend cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together. Chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line your baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and spices for the coating and set aside.
- To make the cookies, take a tablespoon of the cookie batter. Flatten cookie and place a teaspoon of the cream cheese in center. Form another tablespoon of the cookie batter into a flat shape and place on top of the cream cheese. Pinch the edges together sealing in the cream cheese and roll into a ball. Roll in the cinnamon sugar coating and place on the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Repeat until the dough is gone and flatten the cookie dough balls with a heavy bottomed glass or measuring cup.
- Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes or until the tops start to crack. Let cool for about 5 minutes.