Add a little decoration to your tablescape! Plus, kids of all ages will have fun with these DIY Chalkboard Placemats!
Placemats (I got mine from the Dollar Store)
Chalkboard Paint (Can use either spray paint or a jar of paint)
1. Paint the placemat with chalkboard paint. Let dry.
2. Place around your table and get creative!
arts, country, country music, Craft, dinner, Directions, DIY, do it yourself, home, kids, Picture, pinterest, south, southern, table
Looking for something special to do for that special someone? Write them “Open When” letters!
These letters are designed to let someone know just how much they mean to you.
Some ideas include:
Open when you are feeling lonely
Open when you need to know how much I love you
Open when you want to know my dreams for our future
Open when you need a laugh
Be creative and have fun, but most importantly, let the letters be honest, personal, and handwritten by YOU!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
acitivity, country, country music, Craft, DIY, food, Food Network, handwritten, History, holiday, letters, love, mail, pinterest, travel, travel channel, valentine's day, writing
Here is a simple and easy-to-make Valentine’s Day decoration, that kids of all ages will enjoy!
Wooden arts (One for each member of your family)
1. Paint the wooden hearts your desired color. Let dry.
2. Write, with sharpies or paint, your family members’ names on each of the wooden hearts.
3. Hot glue the hearts onto the ribbon and tie the top of ribbon into a bow.
abc family, activity, arts, country, country music, Craft, Decoration, DIY, february, food, Food Network, hgtv, holiday, month, pinterest, travel, valentine's day
Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day! So, why not celebrate the day of love with a three post series? Enjoy the recipe for
Valentine’s Day Dipped Pretzels!
1 Bag of pretzels (The large rods and twists both work well, just whichever you prefer)
1 Bag of candy melts (You can use either red, white, or pink, or a combination)
2 Tablespoons vegetable shortening
1. Pour the vegetable shortening over the candy melts. Melt in a microwave-safe bowl for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the candy is smooth and creamy.
2. Place a large sheet of wax paper over a flat surface. Dip each pretzel into the candy. It’s up to you how much of the pretzel you would like to cover. (Sometimes a spoon will help pour the candy over the pretzels.)
3. Place dipped pretzels onto the wax paper and decorate as desired.
4. Let dipped pretzels harden for about an hour.
activity, country, country music, Craft, DIY, family, food, Food Network, holiday, kids, love, pinterest, Recipe, valentine's day
Valentine’s Day is just a week away! If you are like me, you are still looking for fun gifts. Try to this simple, yet cute,
Valentine’s Day S’mores in a Jar!
A mason jar
Hershey’s chocolate bars
Decorations and scrapbook paper
1: Place the chocolate bars, marshmallows, and graham crackers in the jar.
2: Decorate as desired.
Drinking out of a mason jar is a tradition here in the South, so why not take one on the go? Read below to find out how you can make your own Mason Jar Travel Cup!
Mason jars with lids
1/4 inch rubber grommets (these can be found in the plumbing section of a hardware store)
A power drill with a 5/16 inch drill bit
Decorative string, washi tape, ribbon, etc.
1. Drill a hole off-center in the mason jar lid (you can drill the whole in the center, if you prefer).
2. Squeeze the rubber grommet into the hole.
3. Add a straw and decorate however you may desire.
Stuck inside on this winter day and need something to do? Try this easy, breezy dry erase board DIY!
Picture Frame with Glass Front
Scrapbook Paper, design of your choice, fitted for your frame
Dry Erase Markers
Optional: Decorations for your piece of paper and frame
1. Place the scrapbook paper into frame and replace the back.
2. Decorate as desired.
3. Use the frame as a calendar, memo board, or for anything you would like 🙂
activity, arts and crafts, country, country music, country singer, Craft, DIY, dry erase board, instructions, kids, Picture, pinterest
As much as I’m ready to decorate for Christmas, I can’t forget Thanksgiving and decorating for fall. Hopefully this quick and easy fall craft will become part of your turkey day decorations!
1. Cover the mason jar with the leaves and glue down with mod podge. Make sure all areas of the leaves are sufficiently glued down.
2. Let dry completely.
Christmas, country, country music, Craft, Decoration, DIY, fall, holiday, leaves, pinterest, Season, thanksgiving
The first thing for any party is setting the mood. In the past, I have used these simple and fun
Halloween cup lanterns as decorations and to help create that Halloween-y feel!
Orange Plastic Cups
Black Permanent Marker
Battery Operate Tea Lights
1. Turn the cup upside down and draw a spooky face with the black permanent marker.
2: Place a tea light underneath and enjoy!
Another fun way to create a Halloween mood is with your costume! You probably have figured out by now that I like simple and easy DIY projects.
Here is my version of a simple and easy
Rosie the Riveter Halloween costume:
What You’ll Need:
Denim Overalls or a Denim Long-Sleeve Shirt
Make sure to wear your hair in a bun or 1940’s hairstyle!
13 days of halloween, ABC, abc family, costume, country, country music, Craft, Decoration, DIY, Halloween, holiday, party, rosie the riveter, USA
Trick-or-treat! Smell my feet! Ok…hopefully, not.
Going trick-or-treating on Halloween is just one of the many fun parts to the holiday. So, why not make giving out candy just a little bit more creative? Add that extra Halloween flare with putting the candy into vinyl gloves and closing the top with a ribbon.
Trick-or-treating just got better with some quick and easy Halloween candy gift bags.
13 days of halloween, ABC, abc family, candy, country, country music, country singer, Craft, DIY, gift bags, Halloween, holiday, trick or treating