I think I just found what I’m having for breakfast tomorrow morning! Heading to the kitchen to start baking some Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Muffins right after this. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 large eggs
1½ cups plain Greek yogurt
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a muffin tin with cupcakes liners and set aside.
- Mix flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter, and lemon zest on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until combined. Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients in two installments, alternating with 3 additions of yogurt. (DO NOT OVER MIX or your muffins will turn out hard and tough) Gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin cups. Bake at 475 for 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375 and bake 15-18 minutes until muffins are golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean. Remove muffins from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Whisk together all icing ingredients. Pour over cooled muffins. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.