Been stuck in the house these past few days, due to the winter storm? If you are like me, you are probably starting to get cabin fever. An easy cure for this “disease” is to cook.
Hopefully this quick recipe for cornbread will make it to your dinner table tonight.
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 3 Tbsp. plain yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Melt butter in a skillet (cast iron is the best). Once melted, set aside for now.
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt in a bowl.
- Mix eggs and buttermilk in a separate bowl. Then, combine with dry mixture until smooth.
- Add in melted butter
- Pour batter into skillet. Bake for 30 to 33 minutes or until golden brown.