Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I hope you are wearing green today, so you won’t get pinched. To celebrate this Irish holiday, I thought I would share two quick and easy recipes.
1 Carton of Lime Sherbet
1 2 Liter of Gingerale
1. Scope the carton of lime sherbet into glasses or a punch bowl.
2: Top with gingerale, allowing to slightly melt before serving.
Shamrock Pretzel Pops:
1 bag Mini Pretzels
1 bag Plain M&Ms (use only green ones)
1 bag Rolo candy
Cake/Cookie Pop Sticks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Arrange 3 mini pretzels into the shape of a shamrock, with the bottoms grouped together. Repeat this step until your cookie sheet is full of pretzel shamrocks.
3. Place an unwrapped Rolo candy into the center of each pretzel shamrock so that the Rolo is touching all three pretzels.
4. Put the cookie sheet into the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes or until the caramel gets soft. Remove from oven.
5. Immediately after you remove from oven, do 2 things at once: 1) Place an M&M on the top of the Rolo and 2) insert pop stick into the bottom of the Rolo. Press gently down on the Rolo candy, adjusting the pretzels so that they are still grouped close.
6. Let pops cool completely.
7. Once cool, tie a ribbon bow around the pop stick.