25 years ago, this past weekend, the classic southern movie Steel Magnolias premiered. Steel Magnolias tells the story of six women from Louisiana, who share love, loss, and hilarious times together. Beside from being one of my favorites, there are several quotes from the movie that could apply to any point in a person’s life. As hard as it was, I narrowed down the list to just 5 quotes.
1. “Smile-it increases your face value.” -Truvy
2. “Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion.” -Truvy
3. “I just like the idea of growing old with somebody.” -Shelby
4. “The bigger the hair, the closer to God.” -Truvy
5. “Honey, time marches on and eventually you realize it’s marchin’ across your face.” -Truvy