I’m one of those people who has a huge sweettooth. If there is chocolate in anything, I’ll eat it. Hopefully you will enjoy this recipe for Chocolate Pound Cake as much as I do!
Cream Cheese Ribbon:
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp plain fat-free yogurt
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
2 Tbsp mini semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
2. Combine cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
3. Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
4. Combine yogurt and buttermilk in a bowl. Reduce speed to low and add half of flour mixture, beating just to combine. Add yogurt mixture, then finish with remaining flour mixture.
5. Pour half the batter into prepared pan; dollop with cream cheese mixture and swirl layers together. Top with remaining batter and smooth; sprinkle with chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.