If you are like me, your vocabulary is filled with these words! Which ones are your favorite to use?
Being originally from Texas, this new song from George Strait hit a nostalgic chord with me. The country legend wrote and sung the song for the History channel’s, Texas Rising. This five part mini-series is based on the Texas Revolution against Mexico and how the Texas Rangers were created.
Enjoy the new hit, “Take Me to Texas,” from the King of Country. Sounds like a soon-to-be classic, don’t you think?
This cool summer treat is one of my favorites! Plus, it is healthier than others 🙂
Chopped nuts (optional)
Popsicle sticks or skewers
1. Cut the strawberries in half. Then, cut the bananas and pineapples into sizes similar to the strawberries.
2. Place pineapple onto the stick, then banana and strawberry.
3. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
4. Line a tray with wax or parchment paper.
5. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until smooth.
6. Dip the cold fruit into the chocolate and nuts. Place onto prepared trays.
After several days of packing, moving, and unpacking, it is nice to relax by the pool and enjoy some BBQ on this Memorial Day. However, there is one thing not to be missed: the real reason for the holiday.
Today isn’t about the fireworks, opening of pools, or ringing in the summer season. It’s about remembering the military members who gave the ultimate price for our country’s freedom. You can probably tell by now that I bleed red, white, and blue. Memorial Day, the 4th of July, and Veteran’s Day are a few of my favorite days of the year.
Let us not forget to remember our fallen soldiers today and everyday. Add a new tradition to your backyard BBQ this year with a few of the ideas below.
1: Raise your American flag outside your home.
2: Visit a veteran’s home and capture their story.
3: Share a picture of a beloved fallen military member on social media.
4: Write thank you notes to our troops serving throughout the world.
5: Watch or listen to the National Memorial Day Concert.
Ah, summer-the time to break out the swimsuit, flip flops, and the traditions. Every year, there are certain things I have to do, otherwise it wouldn’t be the season. Below are the ten things on my summer bucket list:
1. Take a walk on the beach.
2. Spend a day on the lake.
3. Have a backyard camping trip.
4. Play messy twister with paint (tomorrow’s post will tell you how).
5. Go star gazing and watch fireworks on the 4th of July.
6. Make homemade ice cream and can vegetables for next year.
7. Spend a day volunteering.
8. Build a sandcastle.
9. Make s’mores in a bonfire.
10. Spend a day at an amusement park.
Recently, I’ve been working on a project about country music’s portrayal of patriotism. This project was very fun and interesting to research! (I’ll share more later.)
So, in honor of Memorial Day coming up in a few weeks, I thought I’d share one of my favorite songs that I looked at for the project. Here is Toby Keith’s American Solider.
Mother’s Day is Sunday! Still looking for that perfect gift for your momma? Make her a gift basket, full of her favorite things!
This quick and easy DIY basket is filled with love and surprises. All you have to do is get a cute, fun basket (can be a bucket, jar, or bag) and fill it with her favorites. My present is filled with magazines, candies, and lotion. Lastly, attach a heart-felt card to the handle.
There is nothing better than a gift made from the heart!
Picture Source: Pinterest